- Causes more damage in the long run than normal Infant Formula. Most babies who have hungry baby milk suffer constipation and trapped wind. Babies and adults are not meant to suffer these problems, it is unnatural to our bodies and these things should not be seen as normal.
- It is supposedly made for ‘hungrier babies’. Every baby is different however the average baby’s stomach is the size of their fist. All babies are ‘hungry’, babies aren’t designed to be ‘filled up’, just satisfied.
- Babies are designed to eat little and often no matter if they are breastfed or formula fed. It is unnatural for a baby to consume a whole bottle and then go hours between feeds; this causes the stomach to stretch and therefore the baby will probably seem hungrier. Just like it is unnatural and unhealthy for an adult to eat a massive meal and go hours without eating. We are designed to eat little and often.
- If you are bottle feeding (expressed breast milk or Infant Formula) then you should pace bottle feed. This allows the baby to control their consumption and is 100% baby led.
- Hungry baby milk also perpetrates the myth that some babies are just not satisfied on breast milk or formula and this is a massive reason why so many mums give up breastfeeding as they believe their milk isn’t enough when that’s not the case.
- Although some babies are fine on hungry baby milk, I personally think that it’s not worth the risk. As a breastfeeder, I have fed every single hour of the day more often than not so I know how exhausting frequent feeds are but it’s normal and there’s nothing wrong with frequent feeds. Unfortunately it’s part of the mum life!